Saturday, January 12, 2008

No CNN.com for 1 week...


This is where I am going to start. It seems like lately, when I check out CNN.com I notice how deliciously depressing the news can be. I have been saying to myself, "Why do I continue to torture myself by checking this out?" I end up feeling like a rubbernecker at a car crash... "I should look away, but I just can't..."

So tonight I was checking it out, and this is what I saw...
The "Latest News" section had 15 individual news items (the last line was a link to a summary). Out of those 15 items, 2 dealt with the murder of children, 2 dealt with child neglect and/or abandonment, 1 dealt with manufacture and sale of pot, 1 dealt with the beheading of an indonesian maid, 1 dealt with a politician getting busted for DWI, 1 dealt with drug smuggling... In all, only 4 of the items didn't have a huge negative slant to them, and they were about such life-altering things such as surfing and football.

So, I am going to make the choice to not check it for a week. I'm hoping that it will go MUCH longer than that!

1 Comments:

Blogger Metro said...

replace cnn.com with something like spankwire.com or fourgirlsfingerpainting.com and i promise you will forget all about cnn.

nice blog too dude.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home